Governor ESL Narasimhan addressed the joint session of Telangana Legislative Assembly and Council stressing upon eradication of political corruption in Telangana State.
Here are the highlights in Governor’s 22 pages speech:
1. A transparent strategy would be implemented to eliminate grafts at all levels. Particularly political corruption is the bane of our polity and economy. Unless it is eradicated, the fruits of progress cannot be enjoyed by one and all. Hence, my government is committed to root out political corruption at all levels.
2. Paying tributes to the martyrs of Telangana, Guv praised those who participated in the statehood movement saying, “They loved their Telangana so much that they didn’t bother about their career, studies and even sentiments of their parents. For them the driving force was only a belief that crores of fellow Telanganites would have a bright future with their ‘little sacrifice’ of career and even lives.”
Rs. 10 lakh of monetary assistance is offered to each of the bereaved families and one Government job would be provided to one eligible person in each such family. Cultivable land would be provided in case the family is involved in farming, apart from housing, to the needy, along with free education and health care to their family.
3. Special emphasis laid on welfare of SCs, STs, BCs, minorities and the poor among other sections of the society by spending Rs one lakh crore in the next five years. Government would allocate Rs 50,000 crore for the welfare of SCs and Rs 25,000 crore for STs during the next five years. 12% reservation to Scheduled Tribes in education and government jobs besides conferring ST status to Kaithi Lambadas and Valmiki-Boyas.
4. Appropriate steps would be taken for preserve Urdu language.
5. Rs 1500 pension would be given to physically handicap and Rs 1,000 to the aged. The destitute women would get a monthly pension of Rs 1,000 and Beedi workers facing financial distress would also be paid an allowance of Rs 1,000 per month.
6. Compulsory and free education from KG to PG with CBSE syllabus in English medium to all needy students.
7. Welfare fund for journalists with a corpus fund of Rs 10 crore.
8. A welfare fund with a corpus fund of Rs 100 crore would be set up for the welfare of lawyers due to their active role in Telangana movement.
9. Auto-rickshaws in Telangana will be exempted from tax. Accident insurance will also be extended to them as well as workers in construction sector.
10. Special Telangana increment to all the government employees, along with health cards to them.
11. Persuade the Central Government to accord national project status to Pranahita-Chevella project.
12. Set up 4,000 MW Power Plant by NTPC as stipulated in the AP Reorganisation Act.
13. Special Chasing Cell attached to the Chief Minister’s office to give speedy clearances to the upcoming projects with zero corruption and no harassment to potential investors.
14. Hyderabad would be transformed into a world-class city with a distinct brand image. Constant surveillance of Hyderabad with a network of CC cameras and other advanced gadgets covering entire urban agglomeration on the lines of London and New York.