Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao participated in the debate on Governor’s address in the State Legislative Assembly. Below are the few of excerpts from his addressing:
1. KCR advised all political parties to work as a team to ensure fast pace development of Telangana State. TRS Government alone could not achieve any goals set for the new State. Telangana would not achieve growth and development unless all political parties and leaders play their role.
2. TRS Government would convene all-party meetings frequently to seek the suggestions of all leaders on different issues. First all party meeting will be held for three consecutive days on June 15, 16th and 17th to discuss different issues concerning the new State.
3. No time frame set to implement the poll promises as Telangana is a newly formed State and things need to settle after the completion of process of bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh. Therefore, it is difficult to set the deadlines at this stage. However, several processes have been set in motion and things will start taking shape soon.
4. Telangana needs to be re-invented and re-oriented and the dream of Bangaru Telangana should be realized by fulfilling all the poll promises made.
5. There is a need to end political and official corruption to ensure that the benefits of schemes reach the real beneficiaries. KCR would not hesitate to send his own family members to jail if they indulge in corruption.
6. Sacrifices made by the martyrs could not be matched with anything. However, a small monetary package, one government job and other sops are being offered to them as a small tribute. Similar benefits will be extended to those who participated in 1969 Telangana movement.
7. Mobilising huge funds to implement the welfare schemes including Rs 1 lakh crore for the welfare of SCs, STs, BCs and minorities. TRS is hiring retired IAS officers as Government Advisors.
8. Pension for old age and disable would be given on the models of American and European nations. Pension scheme for nearly 7 lakh beedi workers would be finalised in the next two months in consultation with the Labour Commissioner and District Collectors.
9. Government would give a clear picture on farm loan waiver in next 4 to 5 days. Loan amount is expected to be around Rs 19,000 crore and the scheme would benefit nearly 26 lakh farmers. Government would consider waiving off gold loans that were taken up for farming.
10. 108 and 104 Services would be continued and they would be strengthened further.
11. No damage would be done to heritage structures due to the Hyderabad Metro Rail Project. The design could be modified by adding underground segments at some places, as was done in Bengaluru, to ensure that the city’s heritage structures remain intact.
12. KCR warned Andhra Pradesh media (especially TV9 and Andhra Jyothy) on telecasting and writing intimidating episodes and programs on Telangana legislators.