Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao submitted a list of 14 demands for Telangana State development to Prime Minister Narendra Modi today in New Delhi. Their meeting lasted for 45 minutes where in KCR submitted 14 separate memorandums to the Prime Minister giving details of specific needs of Telangana which are later briefed to media by TRS MP Jithender Reddy.
The demands list of KCR included the following:
1. Special Category Status for Telangana State
2. Declaration of Pranahita-Chevella Dam as national project
3. Tax incentives
4. 4,000 MW power project
5. Separate High Court for the new State
6. Development of Hyderabad urban agglomeration as a slum-free city
7. Consservation of Musi River on the lines of Sabarmati River of Gujarat
8. Establishment of Horticulture and Tribal universities\
9. Development of roads and upgradation of some roads as National Highways
10. Setting up of steel plant in Bayyaram of Khammam
11. Allotting new railway projects
12. Conservation of forest land in Telangana.
“Modi has assured to look into the demands made by KCR. Telangana CM himself will brief the media about his interactions with the Prime Minister later,” TRS MP Jithender Reddy said.