Speculations have been abuzz about the budget of ‘Baahubali’ ever since the magnum opus was announced. While some reports say its a Rs 100-crore projects, few others speculate its nearly Rs 125 crore. However, None of these unofficial numbers have been true.
A source involved in the production says, ‘Baahubali’ is India’s most expensive project and the budget of the film is likely to cross the Rs 175 crore-mark.
Reasons behind the unbelievable budget:
1) Genre of the Project (Period Drama) and also for making it in 2 Parts;
2) Huge Star Cast, Ensemble Supporting Artistes and Thousands of Man Power;
3) Top Technicians from Tollywood, Bollywood & Hollywood;
4) Lavish Sets;
5) VFX; 6) No. of working days (Pre-Production, Shooting & Post-Production);
8) Multiple Language Release (Telugu, Tamil, Hindi, Malayalam, English, Japanese, Chinese and other languages).