The cabinet, headed by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, took the decision to withdraw the ordinance in a 20 minute sitting.”The union cabinet met today and it was unanimously decided that both the ordinance, with regard to certain sections of the Representation of Peoples Act, as well as the bill would be withdrawn,” Union Minister Manish Tewari told reporters after the meeting.
- Don’t politicise triple talaq issue, says PM Modi
- Prime suspect in break-in, murder at Jayalalithaa’s estate dies in accident
- Telangana Irrigation Advisor R Vidyasagar Rao Is No More
- Lokesh Emerging Alternative Power Centre?
- Relief To Jagan, Court Turns Down Petition Against Jagan’s Bail