Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Chandra Babu Naidu is all set for massive reforms. In his valedictory speech to Governor ESL Narsimhan’s address in the first session of AP Assembly, Naidu revealed his development lay out for the new State.
Stating that ‘White Papers’ will be released from June 26 on the prevailing condition of the State, Babu lashed out at previous Congress government in which YS Rajasekhar Reddy was part. Taking a dig at Jagan indirectly, Chandra Babu said, “Due to the long-term initiatives taken up by previous TDP government in (1995-2004), budget has gone upto record 1 Lakh crores during Congress regime. Everyone knows where that money has gone.” Chandra Babu recalled, “During 1995-96, the debts of state are Rs 19,000 Crore whereas in 2013-2014, the debts are Rs 1,73,849 crores.”
10-Point Agenda for ‘Ananda’ Andhra Pradesh
1. Chalking out welfare programmes for SC, STs alongside sub-plans for Backward Castes.
2. Employment opportunities for youth. Skill-development programmes for unemployed to meet the needs of industries.
3. Waiver of Agricultural, Dwacra Loans as soon as possible.
4. Special commission will be constituted within 6 months to look into the procedure of allotting BC status to Kapus.
5. Preparations are on to celebrate Indpendence Day in grand way in Kurnool to restore the confidence of people of all districts, regions.
6. 9-hour power supply to Agriculture sector and 24-hour non-stop power supply to Industries.
7. Sea ports will be given due priority in the new State for increasing business thus revenue.
8. Building of capital on par with global standards.
9. Going to demand Centre to allot 15 years Special Status to Andhra Pradesh and special financial packages for North Coastal Andhra and Rayalaseema region.
10. Coming up with first report on loan waiver in five days. Officials are working on to deliver Rs 1000 to 2000 allowance to unemployed per every month.